The Electric Educator: Chrome Web Extensions: MeasureIt! and Color Picker

Friday, March 15, 2013

Chrome Web Extensions: MeasureIt! and Color Picker


Google Chrome is the world's second most popular web browser. Chrome features fast and reliable access to the web. This series of posts highlights Chrome extension and web applications, which enhance and extend what can be done with the Chrome web browser. 

While I don't consider myself a web-designer, I work very hard to make the web resources I create are as visually attractive as possible. Image dimensions and color matching are very important, and very unforgiving. Fortunately, I found two Chrome extensions that have made things much simpler! 

MeasureIt! is a handy little Chrome Extension which allows you to measure the dimensions of anything on your screen. Need to know the width of that internal Google Sites column so that your header image fits? No problem use MeasureIt! to find the exact dimensions. No more guessing, uploading, modifying, uploading, modifying, uploading....

MeasureIt! can be installed here from the Chrome Web Store. 

Color Picker is an extension that offers the ability to see the color value (RGB and Hex #) associated with the color of an object on a web page. This is very handy if you are trying to match background colors and eliminate the floating white box around .jpg files. 

The eye-dropper color selector is a tools that I have long used in PhotoShop. I'm glad that there is a way to do this without the cumbersome task of dropping an image into PhotoShop simply to figure out the color values it contains. 

Color Picker can be installed here from the Chrome Web Store. 

I know there are many other Chrome extensions for taking measurements and finding color values. Let me know if there is something better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to my blog. I enjoy being a part of the conversation and do my best to respond to comments and questions that are posted.